fot

Re: Race car restoration questions...

To: mike jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Subject: Re: Race car restoration questions...
From: "Kevin O'Driscoll" <ko3@columbia.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 19:30:35 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, mike jackson wrote:

> I enjoy racing with other TRs so would be thrilled to see you restore
> the car to a stage that allows joining us, basically no major flares or
> slicks.  Chances are virtually all other developments on the car would
> be overlooked by most, including the FOT, unless you started whupping us

Some one already suggested something similar but, why not have it both
ways?  Changing fenders and wheels only takes half a day or so.  Skinny
tires on minilites, and no flares for vintage days, and early  '90's
slicks and flares for SCCA events  or car  shows...   It would certainly
give you the best of both worlds without having two separate cars.
Actually its like having two cars in one... as to whether or not the
fiberglass non-flared fenders are vintage eligible I'm not sure about the
exact rules.  Stock  fenders and new minilites are not outrageously
expensive compared to the cost of another race car!
-Kevin