fot

[fp510@erols.com: RE: Comp Board]

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [fp510@erols.com: RE: Comp Board]
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 20:53:38 -0700 (MST)
Gee, I guess I missed the start of whatever discussion this was, but I thought
some of you might find the comments of interest.

mjb.
----

From: "Larry Dennis" <fp510@erols.com>
To: "'Mark Coffin'" <coffinm@mail.ecu.edu>, <MTucker436@aol.com>
Cc: <wheeltowheel@wheeltowheel.com>
Subject: RE: Comp Board
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 22:43:33 -0500

Mark,
        That would be a good idea but it makes to much sense for the Comp Board
something that intelligent. The idea behind the newer cars is to force the
older cars out to vintage racing eventually. A friend of mine races a TR4 in
EP. He is one of 2 or 3 in the country. An axle set lasts around a year or
so of hard racing. You can no longer get axles from any source unless you
have a custom run of 25 made just for you. He did that 4 years ago and sold
the extras to the vintage people. He asked for a change in axles and was
told he should have a custom batch made again. Unfortunately there is no
market for the rest of the 25 sets he would have to commission. He already
loaded up all the vintage drivers he knows. So after next year he will be
forced to park his car because he cannot find parts.
I guess if things continue that way eventually all the Triumphs, AH's and
MG's will go away and then they can be happy knowing that they are killing
off the members who have kept parts of the club alive over the years.

Larry Dennis
Team Wannago Racing
G Prod #63 Datsun 510
Mid-Atlantic Road Racing Series