fot

GT-6 front uprights

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: GT-6 front uprights
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 14:36:20 EST
Can any of the experienced racers out there comment on inspection and perhaps
strengthening front suspension uprights on the GT-6's.  I have had one break
at the lower trunnion many years ago and do not relish a repeat.  I vaguely
remember a trick of threading the oil hole and installing a socket head cap
screw to compress and reinforce the flimsy lower trunnion area.  Has anyone
else heard this?  Thread size?  how to treat the stress riser at the base of
the bottom thread??  I was advised by one savvy old racer (ya listening Ted??)
to keep two sets and x-ray often which leads to the second question.  Anybody
know of a suitable facility for this and approximate costs?  Any
recommendations on guidelines for inspection?