fot

MG/TR CHALLENGE @ MID-OHIO DATE CHANGE

To: "'Irv Korey'" <emanteno@ibm.net>, FOT <FOT@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: MG/TR CHALLENGE @ MID-OHIO DATE CHANGE
From: Alexander Joseph H <AlexanderJosephH@Waterloo.deere.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 10:16:03 -0600
Irv and all,

I am glad you asked the question about the date Irv.

Please see the attached mail from Mid-Ohio's Steve Bidlack (publicity and
promotions). Please note the change of dates and if you plan to bring your
TR to Mid-Ohio mark your calendars accordingly.

I would like the names and addresses of the VTR newsletter editors so that I
may submit this to Steve Bidlack. He will, as he indicates, will send out
press releases to the editors in order to get the word out. The Truman
ladies and Bidlack are very excited about this event.  (Andy Mace, do you
have a handy list of newsletter editors?)

(Who can give me T.R. Householder's address and phone number?)

Joe Alexander

Vintage Triumph of Iowa

Joe,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your e-mail.  For your information,
the SVRA weekend at Mid-Ohio will now be June 25-27.  I am certainly
happy to see the interest from the Triumph racers to make Mid-Ohio a
focus for 1999.

To answer your question about ticket discounts, Mid-Ohio would certainly
give this some thought.  However, my first step is to create an event
which is attractive for all British car owners to participate in.  We
want to welcome both the concours and display quality cars.  Regardless
of the class, the same admission fee will need to be charged both at the
gate to make things easier.  Typically in the past, we just charge a
general admission fee to attend the entire event, and no additional fee
is charged to enter in the car show.

What I am looking for from you is some contacts from the car club end.
Do you possibly have a phone number or address for T.R. Householder.  My
main focus is to coordinate and promote the British Car Showdown open
to all British car owners and clubs.  Before I get to far in the
planning process, I need to run a few ideas past car club owners to make
sure my plans are feasible and attractive to these individuals.  Also,
how receptive would the British car community be to a swap meet?

Once the details are in order, I will actively want to promote the
entire event via press releases.  Both the vintage racers and car club
newsletters will be the main focus to get the word out.

Basically, my goal is to make this event the finest British event in
1999 in the country.  I hope you feel the same.  I look forward to
hearing back from you.

Best regards,

Steve Bidlack