fot

Re: Winter and GT6+'s; was Racing TR-8s

To: Bob Bownes <rbownes@neworks.net>
Subject: Re: Winter and GT6+'s; was Racing TR-8s
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 23:19:30 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Bob Bownes wrote:

> But must admit the first Triumph I ever fell madly in love with was a fire
> engine red GT6+ parked outside the dorms in college. Must have been
> miserable in upstate NY in the winter, but it sure was pretty...

Well, it wasn't mine, because mine was (is still, more or less) Jasmine
Yellow. And I will vouch for the fact that it was pretty miserable in
upstate NY in the winter. On the good side, it would start well down to
about -15 F. On the bad side, traction in anything resembling ice or snow
was pitiful. Heater was ok until the blower motor dies.

That's why I started driving beater Volvo wagons in winter!

--Andy