fot

Christmas

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Christmas
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 11:34:32 -0000
Dear FOTers

Just a line or two to wish you all a super Christmas and all the very best
for the new year.

I,ve just finished plucking and dressing our turkey, with the help of my
springer spaniel 'William', who thinks it great fun to jump into the
cardboard box I'm using for the feathers, and  chase round the house with a
mouth full - which he's spread all over the place. (Julia's gone shopping
for the day with her mum thank God).

YES I'VE GOT OUT OF SHOPPING. Julia hates dressing game and Turkeys etc, in
fact she won't do it - or be in the house when it's being done. I'm used to
it, being a country boy, and don't mind it. Normally we buy oven ready
fresh turkeys. This year I noted Julia's shopping day marked on the kitchen
callender (today), and arranged for our butcher to deliver a brace of
pheasants and our turkey still in their feathers etc.on the same day. It's
taken me about an hour to pluck and dress our Christmas fare, so after I've
sent this e-mail, I'm off to meet my two brothers down the pub at lunchtime
- instead of having a nervous breakdown either in the supermarket, a
clothes store or a traffic snarl up in Peterborough.

With our best wishes

Paul and Julia