fot

Yet another nomination and squadron update

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Yet another nomination and squadron update
From: Russ Moore <rem9@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 01:28:17 -0500
And another on top of this one is Bob Watkin who runs an 1147 white
Spitfire with us in Group 1 at SVRA events. Bob has improved his car and
driving methods in the last year and is a valued charter member of the
Spitfire Squadron. He hails from the Virginia area so I can't make any Ohio
jokes. Anyone out there have any Virginia jokes? How about IRS jokes? Never
mind, that's not a good idea! Who said that?

Of course I could mention he also drives an MGBGT but I won't hold that
against him. He will of course be flying the "proper" colors at the
Mid-Ohio event in June.

Anyone have any word on the garage that got reclassified as a barbeque pit
after the lightening strike?

**************

Another new draftee into the Spitfire Squadron is Ed Ceilley MD. with his
entry into the real world of Group 1 in his Spitfire 1296. Ed's Air Force
experience will hopefully not come into play nor be needed. I have
adequately tested the rollbar configuration I am installing in his car. No
need for anyone else to do this. Ed's son Dan has his Spitfire in the
hanger of Glen Effinger at the moment repairing some combat damage and he
too, also a member of the Spitfire Squadron, will be back in the fray
shortly. All birds will be in the air for Mid Ohio. Mark Ward and Donn Sopp
are schemeing during their winter retreat, and developing more ways to
confuse the enemy. Mark said something about hand gestures while Donn was
last seen reverting to incendiaries. Marcus Jones, a member of the Squadron
(we drafted him!) is also on the list for the season.
I'm looking into Tshirts for Mid Ohio. Any interest out there? Probably
something 100% cotton so it can double as a grease rag.

Regards
Russ Moore
Spitfire Squadron HQ
Biggen Hill