fot

Diffs

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Diffs
From: Jeff Snook <jsnook@wcnet.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 12:22:04 -0500
Amici,

Just a follow up on the Quaife/Detroit/Welded thread.  I have
always run a welded rear end in my TR3 as has my buddy Mike
Jackson, cause that's what Guru Glen recommended.  When we bought
the Devin last year it came with a Quaife.  Our first sessions in
the car at Road Atlanta had us both convinced the thing was
broken as we could not seem to get any power to the ground coming
out of corners.  So, we ended up taking it out and replacing it
with a welded up dif.

Now that I hear the talk of how these things act, it sounds like
the Quaife was OK and the problem was our driving style!  Well,
we are too old to change our driving style now, so if anyone out
there wants a Quaife to try, we've got one for sale.

Vroom, vroom,

Jeff