fot

sebring and other stuff

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: sebring and other stuff
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 17:12:49 -0500
first of all a big THANK YOU to joe and linda alexander and jack,
frances and tony drews.  they all worked for us at sebring.  great help
in a really busy time. thanks again.
next, the 12 hour race. closest race ever - about a 9 second spread at
the end.  we had the panoz team immediately behind us and next to them
was the dyson team and so on down the line.  butch leitzinger - winner
of the 24 hour daytona and 2nd at sebring - and his family are long time
friends and we raced against both butch and his dad. on thurs i asked
butch how the car was and he replied it was good at low and high speed
but had some problems at intermediate speeds.  they were sure it
waaaan't springs, shocks or swaybars so they played with the
aerodynamics.  what a treat to have a car that responsive.  the hsr
vintage was a decent but not large turnout.  they ran some early sessons
but primarily on sunday after the 12 hour.  anyhow, it was nice to be
able to spend a week with current cars and then follow with the contrast
of sebring from yesteryear.  FOT  T.shirts have been requested. joe,
doris and i discused this during the race week-end.  we can do Amici
Triumphi logo as a large front print on a t.shirt.  i would suggest
using a white shirt. this will keep the cost down since the white in the
shirt will become the white in the logo. screen printing costs increse
by the number of colors and also the number of reruns on the shirt.
example, it costs more to do a small front "left chest" print and a
large print on the back since the shirt is twice - once on front and
again on the back.  i would suggest a front print only. shirts will be a
heavy weight 50/50 or 100% cotton. price is about the same so wishes of
the group prevail.  we have also had request for polo shirts.  these
would have a small - about 3" - amci logo embroidered on the left
chest.  i will scan  some polo shirts pictures and forward to the list.
thanks, ted

--
tedtsimx@q1.net
http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com

New - used - rebuilt - performance British car parts.
200-300 cars in our British salvage yard.