fot

RE: Gas Pedal

To: JHarkness@AOL.COM, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Gas Pedal
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 09:15:00 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01BE84FF.A1CC2D80

I built mine, using a billet aluminum pedal from Moon equipment which I had
to modify extensively to mount. Then I used a high quality push-pull cable
that I had made up here in portland by Oil Filter Specialties. but they use
the standard pieces that the cable company provides--you can probably get
them made in many places. I sourced the cable from one of the "____ to win"
books that probably everyone has. I think it was Engineer to Win, but it
could have been any of them.

I like the push-pull capability very well--especially after I screwed up my
carb linkage return spring setup during a rushed in-the-pits engineering
session so that it went over center when pressed hard against the stop. I
just hooked my toe under the pedal and Presto. I actually finished the race
(which says more about my stupidity than the efficacy of the cable.