fot

Re: Overdrive Parts

To: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler@robus.com>
Subject: Re: Overdrive Parts
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:57:02 -0400
At 07:29 AM 4/12/99 -0500, Jack Wheeler wrote:
snip
>We have a friendly machinist nearby who can salvage most of the major
>components, but we don't have a source for a sprag clutch (inner member,
>cage, and rollers - I think the spring clip is available new).  If anyone
>has, or knows of anyone who might have overdrive parts for sale, please let
>me know.  My friend would be willing to buy a sprag clutch, or a complete
>'core' overdrive unit if available.

I've dealt indirectly with John Esposito at Quantum Mechanics in
Connectucut. I'd say he has, or at least can get anything for your TR OD
gearbox.

Quantum Mechanics - John Esposito
Evenings and Saturdays, 203-459-9612
Fax, 203-261-8497

John apparently does a whole bunch of overdrive gearbox work. Runs an ad in
Hemmings every month. He has a full time job, so you have to call early
evenings, east coast time.

I'd ask him about the origin of any part, though. I know he has gone to
great lengths to source some parts, including making OD gearbox mainshafts
by cutting non-OD mainshafts, fabricating the additional splined section
and welding the three pieces together. Probably fine for a street car

I know he's got someone stateside to re-line the OD clutch surfaces as well.