fot

VTR Convention travel?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: VTR Convention travel?
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 23:23:40 -0600 (MDT)
One side effect of being deathly ill is that you can lay on the sofa and
read almost each and every page of the Sunday paper, such as the travel
section.  I've been sort of beginning to think about getting started on
getting around to making my travel arrangments for the Maine convention.
My wife Karen has looked up a few airfares for flights from Salt Lake to
Portland, Maine.  Roughly $500 round trip.  What do I see in the ads for
airfare to Boston?  Less than half that.

So, is flying into Boston and then renting a car for the drive to the
convention a feasible proposition?  Let's see:

                        Portland   Boston
Round trip airfare        500        225
Car rental                           100

Total                     500        325

Is the savings in airfare and the convenience of having transportation for
the weekend worth the, uh, 100 mile drive?  Other options?  Worth flying
in a day early and taking some side trips?

mjb.