fot

Re: Nomination

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Nomination
From: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 16:34:45 -0600 (MDT)
Okay, I added Jack to the list.  I might as well take a moment here to
go over some suggestions for using this list.  I, and on occasion a few
others, have ranted about such things in the past.  Basically, don't assume
that everyone on the list, about 103 folks, has the exact same computer you
do, and unlimited access to the network.  Send messages in plain text, no
pictures, no HTML, no attachments.  If it's more than a few paragraphs, you
probably don't want to send it off.

If you do want to share pictures and such, send them to me and I can
make them available via the web or through majordomo and return email to
those who request it.

If your internet access includes web capability, you can check out past
messages of this list, at

  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/wilma/fot

Oh, and if you are getting those timeout messages from jimp@firstindustrial,
Pugs is moving his office, and his phone lines and such are all discombobulated
at the moment.  Hopefully service will not be disrupted too long.

mjb.