fot

Re: Quartet for the Mid Ohio

To: jonmac <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Quartet for the Mid Ohio
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 16:56:40 -0400 ()
On May 5 Paul Richardson wrote

> >the Group could be called Jack and his 'Banner Lane' swingers

On Tue, 4 May 1999, jonmac, seemingly a day behind the rest of us :-)
replied:

> Hey Paul, since when did they send twin carb, twin cam or fuel injected
> Ferguson tractors to export markets? That's all that was made at Banner
> Lane....

Paul again:

> >The Awesome Triumph Foursome
> >The 'Canley' Crooners
> >The 'Spice' Boys
> >The 'Four' MuskeTRs

And jonmac again:

> "The Rocket Range Ramblers"?
> "The Liverpool Lauders?"

On that last one: there is a more than a bit of a Liverpool connection to
Triumphs. I'd almost forgotten that. So, taking that cue, and considering
that so many of us are no longer as svelte as we once were (c'mon, admit
it; I do), I carefully (and quickly ducking for cover) suggest:

The Flab Four

We've got at least John (Macartney) and Paul (Richardson). Do we have a
George (???) or a Ringo amongst the FOT? (I know we've at least a Richard
-- Ringo's "real" name.)

Gotta go! :-)

--Andy