fot

MKII Spit racecar for sale

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: MKII Spit racecar for sale
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 08:11:49 -0400
FOT'ers looking for another ride,

Small world we live in. I got a call last night from a guy I sold a Spit
engine to this winter. He needed the crank for the Spitfire race engine he
was building.

After informing me of his race schedule he tells me he picked up another
Spit race car this winter. He bought it because of the stash of spares that
came with the car. Now it's time to sell the car. If only it was a TR, I'd
be making room in my shop for it!

I asked about the history of the car and found out the car was to be
featured in in Grassroots Motorsports. But, it seems Tim found a better
candidate and sold this car to a guy in Connecticut, who sold it to Joe
Baruch, who wants to sell it now. I believe Joe is looking for $1500. The
car is still in Connecticut.

Perhaps Tim Suddard can elaborate. The car was run in Florida and has a
logbook. Apparently it is all there but has no engine. The sheetmetal is a
bit rough. Joe is sending me a picture. I'd be happy to scan it and email
it to any interesting crooner... or make that interested racer!

Now, no picking on Joe Alexander and his senior moments! I can't find
Baruch's phone number at the moment. I has to be here somewhere...

Henry