fot

Re: Straight cut/close ratio gears

To: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>, Catpusher@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: Straight cut/close ratio gears
From: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler@robus.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 07:16:11 -0500
Bob, the other close ratio gearset used in the TR-6 gearbox was from the
Dolomite Sprint.  It had a 2.19:1 first gear.  The identifying factor with
this gearset is that it has a smaller diameter input shaft than the stock
TR-6.  The input shaft is a 1" x 10 spline.  If it has a 1" input shaft it
is a Dolomite close ratio gearset.