fot

rear diff. axel flange

To: FRIEND OF TRIUMPH <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: rear diff. axel flange
From: "David C. Wingett" <elkhorn@megsinet.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 16:36:23 -0700
To All:
        After doing too many things to the car  this winter, I finally got
the EP TR-6 out on the track.  After only 5 hot laps I  came in with a
clunking sound.
       What I found was both the rear axle flanges broken.  I had taken the
rear diff in for new seals & bearings and hate to think the local Ring
&Pinion shop hadn't properly torqued the nuts. They both broke at the
Key.... so Over torqued or Under torqued?  Lets see new engine,trans,4.1:1on
a Detroit Locker....Could be Just toooooo much right ?   NNNNNNAAAAAAAAA.
         How many out there have suffered this fate?
        David Wingett
            EP TR-6
            '73 TR-6,street