fot

Re: Fw: Nomination

To: Vince De Palma <greenery@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: Nomination
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:47:05 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Guys,

Be careful with the attachment from Vince - it's infected with the "happy
99" virus. Just delete the attachement, and you should be all set - but
it's always good practice to run an anti-virus program on your PC! Also,
it looks like if you have opened the attachment, you _should_ take care
of it... it's a "trojan horse" virus that manipulates potential access to
your machine.

If you want to know more about happy 99, or any virus related "stuff",
see the web site www.cert.org. For specific info on "happy 99", see:
http://www.cert.org/incident_notes/IN-99-02.html

Not that I know anything about this stuff... oh wait - that's what I'm
supposed to be doing all day!

;-)

rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |