fot

Spitfire With Weber Problem

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spitfire With Weber Problem
From: "Vince De Palma" <greenery@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 19:50:27 -0700
Amici,
I've got a technical problem for you.

I have a racing 1147 Spitfire with a single Weber  40 DCOE carburetor.  It
works great except at 1000-2000 rpm where is sputters and stumbles.  This
causes no end of problems when I try to start from a stop.  I've already
burned up a clutch.   I've been through the carb about a dozen times and
it's clean and all there.  The engine is fine, good compression, spark
advance correct, dwell ok, valves properly set, no manifold or carb leaks.

So what's wrong?  The carb was purchased used a few years ago and worked
fine for a while, then started acting up with no apparent cause.  It may
need tuning, so I've ordered a Weber book which will be here in a week or
two.  Meanwhile I'll let you experts help.

Any ideas??

vince de palma
greenery@gte.net