fot

head gasket sealant

To: "Jack Wheeler" <jwheeler@robus.com>, "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: head gasket sealant
From: "Mordy Dunst" <mordyd@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 07:51:38 -0600
I   used to rec using copperkote but don't any more.  I'm not convinced that
it is a poor product but somehow so many more people have told me that it
did not make the "seal" during the past few years that I must remove my
endorsement.  I personally have used it in  three engines all with success.

I have discussed gasket sealing issues with some very experienced engine
builders most with over 40 years experience. And have received many opinions
regarding head gasket sealing.  Most make intuitive sense.

It is important to know that the surface finish of your engine deck and head
are VERY important in determining what "goop" you use to make the "seal".
Roughness Average (RA) is an industry term that is used to describe this
finish.  Please look to my www page for more information  www.headgasket.com
and click on the "what's new tab."  Simply, the arcing lines on the surface
of the head on cast iron units have a fine crest and trough feel as you run
your finger nail over it.  This roughness is about 80 to 100 micro inches.
This roughness needs to be sealed.  Gasket sealing agents do not tell you
what RA spec they are made for.  A major flaw.  Cast iron head surfaces and
aluminum head surfaces are not the same nor would you wish to use the same
"goop'' for each.  Additionally,  The head gasket you use will also
determine what RA spec you ask the machinist to finish your engine's  head
to.....

 I have been experimenting with different mixtures of a high temp bonding
agent.  And have found that my GWD P5 and P7 sprays work.  In fact, I used
this for the Mid - Ohio event several weeks ago. I think that it would work
in different thickness for any motor.

I will be giving away for a limited time GWD P5 with all Head Gasket orders
for a market eval.

Mordy