fot

Re: VTR 99 Recap

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VTR 99 Recap
From: McGaheyRx@AOL.COM
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 1999 16:06:36 EDT
In a message dated 99-08-02 14:45:44 EDT, LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU writes:

<< p.s. best off line joke: "Is Bill from St. Louis in the house??"

- >>

okay here's what I heard about "Bill from St Louis"  - I hope someone else on
the list can either confirm, deny or elaborate :

Seems a local woman was befriended by one of the Triumph faithful in Portland
for the Great Annual Gathering and had made a date to meet him on Monday.
Well something had come up, she wasn't going to be around on Monday but
she didn't want him to think she had stood him up so she came to the
Holiday Inn Sat nite in search of someone she knew only as "Bill from St
Louis"
Some people from the host club tried to help but she did'nt know his last name
and the only other clues she could offer were that he drove "a red
convertible",
was "about 45" and "said he was an anesthesiologist".  Well, that could have
been about half of us - since my wife knew my red convertible was at home
and ... well .... not running, she was willing to exclude me as a suspect. We
heard this story fairly early in the evening from some members of the host
club
seated at our table who spotted this woman looking for "Bill from St Louis"
and nearly 2 HOURS LATER during the awards the announcement came
from the podium " is there a Bill from St Louis here ?"

So - do I have this story mostly correct ? Who is "Bill from St Louis" ?
       is he really an anesthesiologist ? and was he ever located ?

BTW we had a great time - better than I expected since all 3...okay 2 1/2 ..
of my Triumphs stayed at home. Thank You New England Triumphs -  can't say
enough about what a great job you did organizing and hosting this thing.

Cheers
Jack McGahey
King of Prussia, PA