fot

Re: TR4A: price check on aisle 65

To: ArthurK101@AOL.COM, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR4A: price check on aisle 65
From: TRBILBO@AOL.COM
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 22:46:50 EDT
Art,
Have seen two TR4/4A's in the last year sell for more than 12K but both were
exported unfortunately. And both outstanding original cars. A full vintage
race car with history can bring 16K. or more....but still would have to have
a history or be totally fresh or a full billet crank type machine or maybe
all of the above.

Have seen three TR6' sell for more than $13K this year...but again they were
exceptional.

Could it be worth 16K? Hey!!.... those 30000 original miles are still more
than 30 years old,  and age as well as miles create the need for repair. Hard
to say without a site inspection but that truly is a stratified market over
$12K even in the California market. (Export has no such guidelines as some
buyers come with blank checks and deep pockets).

I guess if it's what you want and plan to keep and love to own and can afford
it...then it would be worth the price.

Just my thoughts and two cents.....which is usually what I pay for my
Triumphs when I start....smile.

Bill (and Joanne) Burroughs, VTR So West Rep,
E Ticket Triumphs Vintage Race Team, Founder SCTOA
70 TR6, 69 TR250, 73 MkIV, 69 GT6+, 59 TR3A and two 65 TR4A
Vintage Race Cars. Happy Motoring!!