fot

State of the FOT

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: State of the FOT
From: TR3197@AOL.COM
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 12:54:57 EDT
Amici Triumphi

It has been almost two years since this  FOT e-mail list was established. So
far we have avoided the burden of rules, regulations, board of directors,
officers. No dues and no backbiting either. The list has self regulated
itself quite nicely. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Some notes:

FOT AD in the Burt Levy's Book: The FOT ad was launched in Montezuma's
Ferrari. I was going to publish a list of contributors, but I see no value in
this. However the ad is fun to see in the book. While it was a bit of a
nonsense thing to do, I am pleased with our involvement and to see the
memorial to Mike Belfer. As a result of the contributions, I have some
surplus cash which I will hold in abeyance until there is some other suitable
project appears on the horizon.  The accounting of surplus dollars is in the
order of $255.00 dollars.

FOT Shirts: Due to the success of the first offering Schumachers are going to
launch another batch. Get your orders in. This is a nice piece and it is
appearing at all of the major venues.

Decals/Patches:  There are mumurings about more decals. The original offering
is pretty much depleted, except by those who have private stock. I asked Ted
& Doris for a quote this time as I would prefer not to get into this business
this time around.

Amici Triumphi Banner: This banner was produced by Steve Benford and it has
legs. It has appeared, with photos to prove it, at Mid-Ohio, Road America,
Montreal (Barry & Sue Shefner Barbeque), Portland (Maine) Connecticut (Henry
& Helen Frye Barbeque), The Roadster Factory Summer Party. Next stop is
Grattan.

2001 Triumph Odyssey:  While in Portland an informal meeting was held with
the Bownes and the Drews to discuss some intineraries regarding the trip to
England in 2001. Time frame is likely to be in June/July. Information
gathering will take place. Events and lodging location will be published in
the future. Although it is expected that most will elect to be on their own
or travel by couples, there will be common meeting points during a 2-4 week
period. We have the time and the e-mail organization to do this, and
hopefully these efforts will be supported by our "Friends" in England.  More
Later. (BTW, the Benford Banner will likely appear at Goodwood Festival of
Speed, as well)

Grattan in August:  Who is coming...with or without car?  We expect to
combine forces with Team Thicko with another irreverant festival of the
'great unwashed' in the VSCDA ranks.

Enough for now....

Joe Alexander