fot

TRF Summer Party Re-Cap: Short

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: TRF Summer Party Re-Cap: Short
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 17:57:17 -0400 (EDT)
Hi,

It was a blast. Took a bunch of secondary roads to and from
Armagh/Indiana, PA - approx. 11 hours driving time back to Boston on
Sun./Mon. This is for 500 miles, more or less.

I didn't see too many FOT's while there, but I did get to meet and speak
with many folks about Portland - thanks for the thanks.

I wore my FOT t-shirt for the Autocross - this was the maiden voyage for
that shirt... that plus my lucky shorts... oh let's not go threre.
Anyway, the highlights of the day were:

1. 31.988 on the AutoX. The fastest street driven Triumph at the event. I
wound up second in class due to Richard Good having a majorly fast run
(29.low-something) in his _prepared_ TR6. But let's not talk class here.
The power-slide/4 wheel drift turn-around was a thing of beauty by Mr.
Good - Congrats.  10.0 on style. I was 7th fastest overall. On my street
tires. ;-) Damn, another shot at FTD down the tubes.

Speaking of R. Good - anybody got an e-mail for him. He should def. be an
FOT!

2. Uncle Dave seeing the FOT shirt and saying "which one are you?". My
replying "Bob Lang" and his priceless "Oh" reply. That was worth the trip
all by itself. Is it something I said??? Too bad my camera was elsewhere.

3. Waking up in the morning and saying, okay - I'll just do a "qualifying
run at the autoX", my girlfriend saying "okay, it's your car" and then
turning in a pretty good time. Allright.

4. The "mountain tour" in under an hour. WHoopee!

5. Taking a spin in Jack Emery's beautiful 215 V8 powered MGB (hey - I
know, think of it as a TRiumph powered MG, okay??). It's been ages since
I drove a car that could haze the tires at 55. WOW. Majorly kool.

6. Driving through Johnstown (Jahnzteeown), PA (can you say 4 major
floods in under 100 years???) during a cloud burst. Please god, get me
outta here!

7. Oh, the drag race. I ran three runs 18.00 +/- .1. Too bad my reaction
time kept dropping (can you say "red light"??). At least I was consistant.

Where was the Jack and Joe show??? I was looking for you guys.

Latah.
Bobstah.

p.s. for U autoXers out there, when did they start allowing blowers in AP
class for TR6's??? Hint - the torque was enough to break the CV joints on
that car during the drag racing.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |