fot

BRM's on the Streets of Bourne.

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: BRM's on the Streets of Bourne.
From: "Paul Richardson" <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 10:02:38 +0100
Hi  FOTers

Tomorrow is a big day in Bourne, Lincolnshire. It's the 50th anniversary of
BRM. To celebrate the event over a dozen ERA's and almost every type of
F1BRM built will be driven through the streets of Bourne on demonstration
runs. BRM's range from two V16's, including one of the Mk 1 prototypes that
Ken drove, Two P25's, 180's, several 1.5 and 2 litre V8's, V12 180's and
153's etc., and an H16. Many of the old drivers will be there and I believe
Betty Hill (Damon's mum) might be coming.

I only live about 8 miles from Bourne, but as this will be an international
event, and Bourne is only a small market town, everyone's worried about
parking and the whole town and district coming to a standstill. I'm still
not sure whether to go on my bike or take the car - I might get Julia to
drop me and the bike off very early and she can come back later (It's also
business for me because I'm doing a write up on the event).

I'm really looking forward to the day, which might have a financial bonus
for me. I was talking to one of the old BRM mechanics yesterday and I said,
"If either of the V16's are given a bit of welly down Main Street (the
noise of those cars has to be heard to be believed) several shop windows
are going to crack. Dave agreed and we've got bets on which one's we think
will go.- Before putting my bet on I walked the 600 yards of Main Street
and took note of any 'shakey'  windows with loose and cracked putty (I bet
old Dentinger's proud of me). I reckon if any go the first will be
'Templemans' old bicycle shop - it's not been re-glazed for years.- I'll
let you know. - Seriously, I hope the organizers have considered this
potential decibel problem because, to my mind, it could be serious.

Paul