fot

Re: THE BIG BLOW

To: Paul Richardson <Paul-Richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Subject: Re: THE BIG BLOW
From: Mike Jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 09:22:09 -0400
Thanks Paul.

It's always a thrill to read the notes you write and this one feels pretty
personal at this stage.  When you look at that Florida map and see the big lake
in the middle, draw a line southeast at a 45 degree angle from the north edge
of the lake until in intersects the coast.  My house and Moroso Motorsports
Park are just a few miles before you reach the coast.  Every window and sliding
glass door in my house is now covered with 5/8 plywood and I'm one sore and
tired TR racer.

I tried to convince my wife that we should sacrifice a bedroom window or two to
board up the garage with the TR3 race car.  No sale.  We'll hope for the best
for it.

Glen Efinger, who is not e-mail connected closed up his shop yesterday and has
been doing what is possible to protect the huge garage doors on both ends of
his shop.  Story is that they are the weakest link due to huge area of unbraced
span.  I betcha he's got Snook's Devin well inside and covered up!

And we're supposed to have a race this weekend, maybe the water will recede
enough by then, but it'll be one muddy paddock at best.

If the storm follows the forecast track, we may next have to worry about our TR
friends along the Carolina coasts.

hell of a way to get a day off work.

Mike Jackson