fot

RE: The Manx Classic - Isle of Man

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: The Manx Classic - Isle of Man
From: billsohl@interactive.net (Bill Sohl Budd Lake)
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 14:12:12 +0000
Bill Babock wrote:
> Wow, that sounds incredible Paul. One of the few things I absolutely must do
> before I croak is go to the Isle of Man TT. The Manx Classic sounds like
> just as much fun. I'll have to figure out timing for a huge tour that takes
> in Goodwood, a race at the Ring, the 24 at Le Mans, the TT, and the Manx
> classic (and maybe see a few sights as well).

Speaking of LeMans, I finally found a copy of the 1970s Steve
McQueen movie of the same name while at the Glen this
past weekend.  A couple of different vendors had it, brand new,
for $15.  Ironically, I asked in a used video shop in downtown
Watkins Glen the night before and the owner said he has never
come across a copy.  Maybe it has just been released?
I'd rather have it on DVD, but videotape is better than nothing.

Cheers,
Bill Sohl

PS - Does anyone know what happened to the Group 44
Jaguar XJR5 on Sunday?  It didn't finish the group H race it
was in.  It had earlier finished 3rd overall in the Governor's
Cup Race just after lunch.  The car is now owned by George Stauffer
from Wisconsin.