fot

Re: Striking while the iron is hot.

To: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: Striking while the iron is hot.
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:45:02 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Bill Babcock wrote:

> My wife was in a rare moment of guilt recently over all the money she spent
> on landscaping, etc. and suggested that I buy a Ferrari. No, I haven't been
> slipping peyote buttons into her tea. But yes, I did seize the moment before
> she can to her senses and bought a '96 F355 spyder I've been lusting after.
> Hokey Smokes, what a car.

Well Bill,

Thanks for sharing that... now, if you happen to have any spare lines on
your Last Will & Testament, or if you need to adopt a 44 year-old
Certified Triumph Nut (44CTN), then give me a holler... or as we say in
Boston, give me a hollah.

Sheesh.

As a method of balancing this post, I'll point out that every time I
think I'm close to getting my car going, I realize another $1k worth of
partZ are needed. So, although my birthday is coming up this weekend, I
realize that I'm not getting any new parts for the racecar as gifts. Most
of family is in worse financial shape than I. I should be putting the
motor in this week, but chances are I'll spend most of my non-existant
spare time working on my club's "award winning" newsletter. Or is that
"award whining"... it's one or the other.

Oh well.

Now back to your regular programming.
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |