fot

Shed full of GP Spitfire bits, anyone?

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Shed full of GP Spitfire bits, anyone?
From: Scott Fisher <sefisher@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 13:35:17 -0700
We went to my daughter's soccer game Saturday, with my almost 3-year-old
son wearing a jacket covered with various patches, including an old SCCA
wheel patch.

"Who's the racer?" said Melissa's mom (I'm going to have to find out her
real name).  We chatted while the kids warmed up.  Her ex-husband
apparently raced a GP Spitfire from the late '80s through, well,
sometime after he became her ex-husband.  He left a shed filled with
Spitfire race parts -- heads, cranks, rods, she wasn't sure what all was
in there -- at her house.  The divorce is long since final, he no longer
has the Spitfire, and Melissa's mom said that if I knew anyone who
wanted to come collect a shed full of Spitfire pieces of unknown quality
and provenance, she'd be happy to make it available.

So... replies to me, we'll contact Melissa's mom (practice Tuesday and
Thursday) and I'll forward phone numbers.  The shed in question is
located somewhere in Sunnyvale/Cupertino, California.

--Scott Fisher