fot

New "Meats"...

To: fot@autox.team.net, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: New "Meats"...
From: Malaboge@AOL.COM
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 19:51:53 EDT
Fellow Rubber Ruiners-

In the ever increasing quest for more "Grins"...I peeled off the old
Yokohamas and went for a set of the new BFG G-Force TA's for the street ride.
After a suitable break in period, I went to my private "testing ground" (11.5
miles of narrow twisties). I expected major differences. I didn't find them!
In fact I was feeling quite let down by the whole experience. I was running
out of road at just about all the same places and now the car wanted to
understeer where it used to be a tail happy critter. Feeling a bit "had" by
the experience, I decided to really go for broke and see if I could at least
duplicate the old performance levels. I was in for something of a surprise.
With the Yokos there were several second gear corners and when I tried to get
into second in these corners with the new tires, I realized that I WAS GOING
TO FAST to get down into second! My overall speed levels were up, but the
perceptions of tire slippage were about the same. Very subtle. I haven't had
a clear shot to check times but these are definitely quicker, although a
little more negative camber in the front end is indicated.

THE DUKE IS NOW ALL RED!
And a most lovely job indeed. I almost hate to touch it as it will inevitably
get that first scratch (if not 13/13 body damage) at some point. Now starts
the task of puttin all that stuff back on (even though I thought I would be
puttin it back on around May), and my memory ain't gettin better

Did that flange go inside or outside?????
       Nick of Nor Cal