fot

(no subject)

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: (no subject)
From: SpiwakD@AOL.COM
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 09:07:15 EDT
Amici

        Since John Harkness mentioned kill switches, I will pass on what I
learned at Watkins Glen. I never thought a kill switch would go bad, but mine
did and was very difficult to diagnose. Enough current was passing through to
make my warning lights work, but not enough to start the motor. The solenoid
clicked like it does when your battery is low, so I looked everywhere else
for the problem. Fortunately Ted had  a switch. He says that they should be
replaced periodically and that he has known them to fail mid-race.
                                                                 Dave