fot

Re: Hardware Question-Flywheel attachment

To: gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com, TR3197@AOL.COM, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hardware Question-Flywheel attachment
From: TRBILBO@AOL.COM
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 17:24:01 EDT
Greg....maybe you could comment also on the cluth pressure plate attachment
bolts tho. There were (are) two different grip lengths depending on which
brand you used...aka B&B vs Laycock vs AE, etc. More commonly a problem with
TR6 of course, but many of us do run TR6 clutches in our TR3/4/4A race cars.
And from experience I know using the long grip length in the thinner pressure
plate just doesn't work. (Always discovered after struggling for an hour to
get the trans in). But I don't have a spare set of bits to remember what this
length/size was. I know the difference is small because torqued up they
"look" right...but they are bottomed before they clamp up.

(Bottom line is to always make sure the bolts screw in and sholder to the
flywheel face before you fit up the pressure plate and avoid this potential
problem). Others been there - done that?

Bill Burroughs