fot

Re: Flywheel attachment

To: mordyd@email.msn.com, owner-fot@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Flywheel attachment
From: TR3197@AOL.COM
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 07:39:08 EDT
Mordy,

Whilst installing flywheel from underneath the Street TR3A I caught an edge
of the dowel and caused significant run out. This eventually resulted in the
failure of the web of the clutch disc as it stressed it each during each
engagement....but no apparent vibrations. Fortunately the fairlure occurred
on an off ramp near home after returning from Road America.

As I puzzled over the failure, I finally decided to check the run
out....egads! R & R'd flywheel and all was OK with the world again.

I should make this runout check a routine, but have not. Doing slow build of
new race engine and have no excuse not to, this time.

Dont tell my fellow vintage racers but this is the race engine with 91 mm
pistons, titanium rods, billet crank, Venolia high tops, dyno developed
camshaft and all of the super go fast goodies from BFE, Solow, and
Schumacher. I plan to campaign it in California next year and kick butt.

Another fantasy. (I am going to Disneyland)

Joe