fot

Re: Hello, dolly?

To: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Subject: Re: Hello, dolly?
From: "John Lehman" <JELehman@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 19:47:22 -0400
> I park my TR3 broad side in the back of my garage each winter.  I angle it
> into the corner by driving it into the garage, pop the rear end up with a
> floor jack under the differential, swing the floor jack over by one hub (I
> remove the wheel) and push the rear of the car sideways back against the
> wall.  It's not quite a single handed job, because the floor pitches down
> the door, so we are pushing uphill, but my 110 pound wife is all the help
> need.  I hope this is clear, 'cause it would be a bear to draw it in ASCII
> art.  <smile>

That's pretty much been the drill here for the last twelve winters.

> The first time we did it, it took about an hour.  Now we knock it out in
> 15-20 minutes.

It takes longer, much longer to move the various and sundry that have
accumulated where just last March the racecar was neatly tucked.

> There is always the debate on whether an IRS diff should be used as a
> lifting point, but this works great on my TR3.

 I do it, too.  The whole GT6 hangs from the diff, leafs springs bolted to
the top.  I must have missed that debate.

Thanks,

John Lehman
'68 Triumph GT6