fot

Re: Super-Secret Project

To: Mordy Dunst <mordyd@email.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Super-Secret Project
From: bwarner@mediaone.net
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 1999 18:19:40 -0500
Mordy Dunst wrote:

> Ladies and Gentleman:
>
> I am pleased to announce that I plan to develop a www site devoted to
> Friends of  Triumph  RACING.  This will not be a general Triumph page.
>
> It will be called www.fot-racing.com ;  don't bother clicking on it yet
> (there is nothing there)--
> but will if I have support from you.  I will pay for the site and its
> maintanence. I'm hoping to use this site as a method of memorializing
> important technical aspects from our group.  As well as publishing up to the
> minute photos or racing info.....
> I would like to enlist anyone who wishes to write a technical article about
> any aspect of racing, mechanics, engineering, fabrication... You will get
> the credit (and the blame...).
>
> I would like to have photo's of all current racing TR's from this
> group-along with a short bio of the car's history and photo of the
> driver -preferably in racing garb while at trackside.  Please send  JPG
> images or photos to me -send only those that you would be proud of -I would
> like to get them in the next two weeks if possible. ( way before
> Mileniummmmmm)
>
> Greg Petrolatti---Can you submit the FOT LOGO? as jpeg. I would like to use
> it as the opening page (with credit to the artist..)
>
> If any of you "historical" drivers of days "gone-by" have "share-able"
> photos -that would be exceptional.!.
> Mr.Kastner -Mr. Prentice -Mr. Wheeler -Mr. X?  -Ms. Y?
>
> if don't have scanner ---send via snail mail to :
> GW/USA
> 529 Winston Ave
> Bradbury, CA.  91010
>
> If you want the photo  back let me know and  I'll return it.
>
> Mordy
Lanky Foushee, Colin Day and I took the ex-Group 44 TR8 to Savannah for
a shakedown prior to Daytona.  Talk about fun.......and being humbled.
On my fith lap I did a leasurely 1:18.  Put Brian Redman in
car.....1:22, 1:19, 1:15.8.  New tires and maybe a 1:14.5 or so.
Compared to the Group 44 TR6, my best lap ever was a 1:21.0.  The 8
weighs the same as the 6 with 175 more HP.  We were also on race rubber
which at Savannah is worth 1.5 seconds.  Daytona next with a slightly
longer gear.   Bill Warner