fot

Re: Heads up!

To: mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu, owner-fot@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heads up!
From: TR3197@AOL.COM
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 09:52:52 EST
You know I was just about to say something about. Same wave length.  Yes,
bring it on down! We need to look at it.

In a message dated 11/16/99 2:10:08 AM, mjb@spitfire.cs.utah.edu wrote:

<<
A while back, you may remember I offered for sale the cylinder head I pulled
off a TR4A which I was autocrossing some years back.  I still have it, no
doubt thanks to not getting back to a few folks who expressed an interest in
it
the first time.  Here's some more info on it for those who may be interested.
Joe Alexander expressed an interest in it, so I'll likely throw it in the Jeep
before I head down to Las Vegas in a few days.  If he doesn't want it, perhaps
someone else can make use of it before it rusts away on my shelf.  Once in a
while I do think about what it would take to revive the Rust Rocket, though.

This head may be better than I originally thought, I may have had a valve job
the last year I ran it.  Even if I did keep accurate notes, I'd never be able
to find them!

TR4A head:

  3.235" overall height   (block face to thermostat housing face)
  0.525" combustion chamber depth   (11:1 comp. ratio ?)

  1.53" intake valve diameter  (stock valves)
  1.30 exhaust valve diameter

  Possibly v515 (?, where's that booklet...) heavy duty valve springs
     alloy valve spring retainers
     outer valve springs have red paint markings
     inner valve springs are a light green

  looks like fairly new bronze valve guides
  some minor port matching done on intake ports
   ( I do have another nicely ported and flowed head, with a couple of
     nice cracks between valve seats.  Sigh.)

Anyway, I'll offer this head for $250, plus shipping from Salt Lake.
You could pick it up this weekend in Las Vegas, or at the Fat Chance Garage
Tinker Day in April, or Portland, Oregon next summer, or ??

mjb, the sleazy salesman.
</XMP>