fot

Re: Let's Change the Topic to Herald Convertible

To: EISANDIEGO@AOL.COM
Subject: Re: Let's Change the Topic to Herald Convertible
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:24:30 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 22 Nov 1999 EISANDIEGO@AOL.COM wrote:

> Dear FOTers

Hi.

>     Saw a 1963 Herald Triumph Convertible for sale..

Oh-oh.

>     Do any of you own one of these? Strengths/weakness ...what is fair
> price???

I think Andy Mace owns _most_ of them. ;-).

Heralds are not known as "powerhouses" by any stretch. So a "weakness"
would be that they aren't too suitable as a "highway star". They are
pretty economical, but there are just not too many of them in the 'States
- or at least that seems to be the case.

As far as rust goes - if there's any, walk away. I've looked at a few,
and up our way (NE US of A) they were either rust free or totally clapped
out - with no middle ground. A clapped out car would never be worth what
it would cost to do a full restoration.

On the other hand, they are really simple to work on.

>     Is this a convertible solution for a Dad with two small children or is it
> headaches ?

Depends. If you're just cruzing around town - they'd be okay. If you plan
to drive coast to coast - I'd look for something else.

> Cary Perket

regards,
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |