fot

over-restoration of race cars? This Old TR4A

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: over-restoration of race cars? This Old TR4A
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 19:13:21 -0600
I'm in a quandary. This Old TR4A of mine has serious rust, and will
require new floors and rockers, front and rear valances, rear deck
forward extensions, and maybe the rear deck. That's a lot of bodywork,
and there is still other rust holes here and there. Here's the quandary.
I have pictures of the car back in 1972, just after a  rollover. The
body was straightened and placed on a new frame. It wasn't fixed back to
new, but just made to fit, after all, it was a racecar. I'm going to be
fixing rust, should I go back and hammer out a few more dents and make
it nice, or leave it as it is?

Bob Kramer
Hill Country Triumph Club
rgk@flash.net