fot

It ain't got no back seat

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: It ain't got no back seat
From: EISANDIEGO@AOL.COM
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 14:17:57 EST
Gentleman

    If you insert the words - pickup truck, guns, brandy and beer into a
demographic database, most certainly northern Wisconsin would be among the
top matches. Having lived there through my childhood, I can attest to the
matching as being very accurate. It is in the setting of a rural Wisconsin
fishing village on Lake Superior that this story unfolds.

    It was early morning in the village. The only cafe was populated by just
a few fisherman. The other tourist had not yet arrived, so there was a prime
parking space in front of the cafe. The five or six vehicles parked by the
cafe were pickup trucks.

    Seems my two seat sportcar gave the local fisherman situated at the
counter in the cafe something to talk about. By the time I enterred the cafe,
the conversation was almost over. As he raised his coffee mug, I heard one of
the fisherman say in a clear voice with a concluding statement that was
clearly intended for me to be hear.

    "So what if it attracts women, it aint got no backseat, what good is it
then?"

Happy Holidays

Cary Perket