fot

Re: Kevlar brake pads from EBC (long) part two

To: GuyotLeonF@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Kevlar brake pads from EBC (long) part two
From: EPaul21988@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 1999 19:56:06 EST
In a message dated 12/30/99 3:28:11 PM Mountain Standard Time,
GuyotLeonF@aol.com writes:

<< Here we go then with part two:

 Friction level explained
 Typical friction levels of original street pads vary from 0.25 up to 0.35
 friction factor.
 EBC greenstuff has 0.46 friction, and users will notice an immediate
 improvement in brake in most cases. Remember friction level µ is only an
 "indicator" not a guarantee of brake "torque". Many independent tests in
 Europe  however, have shown EBC greenstuff to be one of the most 'grippy'
 compounds on the market today.
 If you want to read more, please call us.

 Rotor Condition
 Be real careful on this. Scored rotors can extend bed in times by hundreds
of
 miles, plus brake will be severely reduced during break-in. Renew or skim
 rotors, don't take risks. Our warranty does not cover use on heavily scored
 rotors. Reduced contact area of scored rotors will cause fade and can cause
 l >>
etc..etc. etc.  etc..But not a single word relevant to my current problem:
Poorly functioning brakes on a Girling system, F2 Morgan Three Wheeler.
Cable operated of course, none of that runny juice for me.
Bob Paul
Corrales NM