fot

RE: GT6 front springs

To: "'Joe Curry'" <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: RE: GT6 front springs
From: "Barr, Scott" <sbarr@mccarty-law.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 07:07:59 -0600
Joe,

I too had the aluminum spacer on top of the left (driver's) side spring.
I don't know if my springs were different, though, as I never measured
the free length.  The stock springs went immediately under the bench,
having been replaced by the adjustable Carreras.  With the adjustable
ride height, I didn't replace the spacer.

I always assumed that the spacer was there to compensate for the
difference in ride height caused by the driver's weight in the car.

I'll be interested to hear others' information on the topic.

Scott