fot

Free Spitfire body and chassis

To: "Friends of Triumph" <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Free Spitfire body and chassis
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 23:42:05 -0800
One of my techs has been restoring a 1962 Herald Convertible.  It has been
converted to a 1500 cc engine, trans, brakes, suspension, etc. from a 1973
Spitfire.  The body and chassis of the spit are available to the first good
home that want them.  There is no rust or crash damage to the frame or the
central body section .  The bonnet is straight but has some minor rust holes
near the nose.  The boot lid has a badly rusted rear edge.  There is no
engine, trans, diff. or rear suspension.  The front suspension that is on
the car is from the Herald and has drum brakes.
    This would make a good basis for a race car.
    Patrick, the owner of the Herald and the Spitfire, would also like to
see the original Herald engine (a 1200 cc unit), and trans. complete with
carb, manifolds, generator, starter, etc. all with matching production
dates, and original, go to a good home.  This car had low milage and was a
runner that had not been used in many years.  It had been sitting outside in
San Fransisco until Patrick rescued it.
    Patrick can be reached at The Engine Room @ 831 429-1800 Monday thru
Friday from 9:00 to 6:00.
    He can also be reached thru my E mail.