fot

Re: Hmm....

To: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hmm....
From: Bob Lang <LANG@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:38:26 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Mark J Bradakis wrote:

> Well, I managed to get past that ugly mug on the cover of VTR's latest
> "English Channel" and took a look inside.  The following classified
> under 'Parts Wanted' caught my eye:
>
>    1976 Spitfire 1500 motor - Help us build the ultimate Spitfire DSP
>    autocrosser [...]  Bob 781-438-2568
>

> Well, this year the Spit, and all Triumphs save the TR8, move to the
> SCCA's newly minted 'FSP' class, but that's a minor nit to pick.  I do,
> however, have an interest in the ultimate Spitfire autocrosser.  Maybe
> I'll ring up ol' Bob....

Hi,

BOB here.

The add ran a while back in the local Triumph newsletter.

FWIW, we were hoping to put together that car _last year_ to have at VTR
so that you'd have a car you'd feel at home in, Mark.

So I got a call from a guy "way up" in NH on Sat. morning who also read
the add. He was trying to tell me that a TR7 motor would bolt right into
a Spitfire, that the motor was designed for the Spitfire. While I don't
exactly know first hand that motor won't fit, I tried to convice that guy
that using a TR7 motor would put the car in D Mod class, and I was going
to all that trouble, I'd rather bolt in a power plant from manufacturers
from that "other" island in the western Pacic region... The guy didn't
seem to understand.

FWIW, he has a complete low-ish mileage TR7 that needs electrical work.
Hmmm. IT car? And he lives "nearish" to a place that I'll be visiting in
a week or so for some business.

Oh oh.

Now, what I really don't understand is that there's another add in that
same classified wanted section regarding an A type O/D unit. No response
on that one. Maybe it's a marketing issue. ;-)

> mjb.

Bob.

p.s. I'm glad VTR ran the article about you Mark, you deserve the
recognition.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |