fot

RE: Velocity Stacks and Rampipes?

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Velocity Stacks and Rampipes?
From: "Jack Brooks" <brooks@belcotech.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 17:31:02 -0500
I was pursuing the ram pipe/air horn issue some time ago.  I located TWM
Induction, in CA, http://www.twminduction.com/.  They make, what appear to
be, a quality, full radius, 6061 Spun aluminum air horn/velocity stack with
6061 billet flanges.  I seem to recall the pricing at about $45 each.

Why was I checking them out?  My street/AutoX TR3 will eventually have the
TR4A long runner intake manifold and HS6's, instead of the TR3A log manifold
and the H6's.  I've got the parts, it's just the time to get it done.  I was
also thinking of putting a pair of ram stacks inside a TR6 air filter box,
or custom box using the TR6 air box back plate as a pattern.  I could then
duct in fresh air from a hole in the side of the radiator shroud and maybe
use a conical K&N inside the fresh air pipe, before the airbox.  I know I
will have some packaging difficulties because the inner wing on the TR3 is
really close to the air cleaner in stock form, but I'm hoping the clearance
around the ram can be asymmetric without affecting flow.  This will allow me
to fabricated to clear the inner wing.  Anyone ever done anything like this?

Regards,

Jack Brooks
1960 TR3A
1974 Norton 850 Commando