fot

driver's suit

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: driver's suit
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 08:44:16 -0400
I went through this process last year when I needed a suit. Buy the best
suit you can get your hands on, minimum dash-5 rating. These are usually
two or three layer suits and may be a bit toasty in the summer, but you
don't want to know what will happen if you try to save a buck on a suit. In
addition, I would strongly recommend getting one of the PBI/Kevlar suits.
They offer superior fire resistance and breath much better than Nomex. This
from personal experience and the recommendations of a professional
firefighter.

You racer types are lucky. Imagine wearing a full driver's suit, helmet,
gloves, etc. for 18 hours straight, as rally guys need to. Comfort starts
to be important. ;-)

Phil Barnes
Cortland, NY
peb3@cornell.edu