fot

Re: Air Filter choice?

To: GuyotLeonF@aol.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air Filter choice?
From: Smockracer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 02:08:31 EST
On my TR4A  race car I do not use air filters and after 14 races on the rings
there is very little blow by. I had a friend who ran a TR4A like mine also
with Webers and he ran a foam air filter. His Webers evidently spit fuel
because he had 2 fires(2 air filters & 2 haylon refills) so I do not use air
filters. I run a chrome header with wrap and the header has been on the car 7
years with no apparent rust. With the wrap I can work the throttle with bare
fingers, without the wrap it's too hot in a minute for my fingers so the
Webers must like the wrap. On my street TR4 it's air filters and no wrap.
Paul Smock TR4A #190