fot

Re: MG on National TV

To: Susan Hensley <susan@bearcom.com>
Subject: Re: MG on National TV
From: Andrew Mace <amace@UNIX2.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 12:29:26 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 7 Feb 2000, Susan Hensley wrote:

> It opened with a beautiful red MGB facing the camera, with a person
> driving and a dog in the passenger seat.  It continued showing the car
> for a good while, then switched to scenes of the dog playing in a lake.

You say MGB. Is that your final answer? (couldn't resist)

> Now if we could just convince them to use Spitfires for these
> commercials!...

Actually, an Amphicar would've been THE car to use. Dog owner could have
driven INTO the lake, then the dog jumps out and plays in the water....

At least it would have Triumph power! ;-)

Oh, what kind of dog was it? (Let's see, in today's automotive hierarchy,
it probably was a German Shepherd named "Rover"!)

I'll stop now.

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *