fot

Clutches

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Clutches
From: Wes Dayton <wdayton@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 20:02:48 +1100
All the recent discussions about flywheels has prompted me that ask
about clutches.  I'm about to replace mine, simply because it's worn out
(down nerealy to the rivets).  It is the clutch that was in the car when
I bought it (3+ years of racing). Through all this, it has worked
perfectly, and still does, although the wear is apparent in the pedal
action.

The clutch is one produced by an American outfit called Centerforce. It
has four rectanglular "buttons".   There is no agency dealing with them
in Australia, and I've had comments that sound as though people would
prefer not to work on them.  Maybe my best bet is to change to something
more available, so I'm wondering what FOT members have found to be
successful?

Here's some info to help you comment:

- Car is TR3A used only for racing.  About 6-8 events/year.
- Engine produced somewhere around 150bhp at flywheel, which is
lightened a bit.

All ideas appreciated.