fot

RE: Gearbox Oil - Overdrives

To: "'Jim Hill'" <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>,
Subject: RE: Gearbox Oil - Overdrives
From: Jack Wheeler <jwheeler@seidata.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 12:57:40 -0500
I used 50 Wt Valvoline Racing Oil in my race car transmission for nearly 20
years without a problem (both overdrive and non-overdrive).  In my street
cars I use EP80/90 Valvoline gear oil, again, without any problems.  In
fact, in all the years of using TR overdrives (TR-3/4) on both street and
track, I have never had a mechanical failure.  I have had a couple of
electrical failures related to the on/off switch or the solenoid - but
these are external to the overdrive unit itself.