fot

Re: Spit Header;

To: DAN DURYEE <DLDEAD@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: Spit Header;
From: Patrick McMullen <pmcmull@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 06:55:30 -0500
Dan,

I may be way off base here but this is a formula for just such a
dimension:

P=(AxSxD²)divided by(1400xd²)

Where as:

P=      pipe length
A=      degrees duration
S=      stroke in inches
D=      diameter of piston in inches
d=      diameter of exhaust valve in inches

This was given to me a number of years back by JK Jackson.  I'm
sorry I do not remember what the constant (1400) represented.  The
whole formula may be TR6 specific...but I don't think so.
Somewhere I have a book with more math formulas then you can shake
a stick at, all automotive related.
Has anyone else seen this formula?  Or did I just give away a
"Super Secret" proprietory information tid bit (sorry JK!) only
known to Irish rocket scientist!!!  (Is there such a thing?)

Patrick McMullen in NC  (Yes I have a brother named Mike)

I swear...NO whiskey was involved!